Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the package?
- - Airport pickup / transfer
- - All accommodation (on twin sharing basis)
- - Transportation to and from trailhead
- - All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) on trek
- - An English-speaking licensed trekking guide
- - Porter for your backpack, limited to 15 kg per person
- - Welcome dinner
- - TIMS and all trekking permits
- - Insurance for your guide and porters
Can I trek during Monsoon season?
Sure! Annapurna Circuit and
Upper Mustang are excellent choices since
much of the treks are in the Himalayan rain shadow.
Do I need insurance for trekking in Nepal?
Absolutely. While trekking in Nepal is pretty safe, accidents do happen. As a result, it's your responsibility to ensure adequate insurance coverage is in place. Check with your provider to make sure it covers trekking activities up to the max. altitude of the trek, search and rescue as well as emergency evacuation.
Can I get Internet access while on trek?
Some lodges in popular trekking areas provide slow and unreliable WIFI for a fee (ocassionally it's free) but don't count on it. Larger towns and villages may have EDGE (Manang) and sometimes even 3G (Muktinath, Jomsom, Namche Bazaar).
How about tipping?
If you are happy with our service, you are encouraged to tip the staff. Normally, it's 1 day's pay for each week of the trek, i.e. around 15%.